Sunday, July 14, 2013

#17: Hold a Newborn Baby

On Wednesday, July 10, I crossed a second item off my 30x30 list.  It was #17: Hold a newborn baby.  Yup, in the mid-afternoon that day, my friends Amanda and Josh welcomed their third child (but first daughter!), Haddie, into the world.


My husband and I visited Josh, Amanda, and Haddie in the hospital right after church - just about five hours after she was born!  And of course, Taylor and I both had to hold her.


She already looks so much like her mom, dad, and brothers!  (I know that sounds crazy - I used to be one of those people who didn't think newborns looked like anyone.  I just thought they looked like very tired, small, and somewhat traumatized human beings.)  But it was amazing to see and hold a sweet new life!

The really good news is that I should have a few more chances to hold newborn babies before I turn 30 next year.  So even though I've crossed the item off the list, I'm looking forward to enjoying the experience several more times.

Until next time, much love to Josh, Amanda, big brothers C and L, and of course, Miss Haddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment